Thursday, January 5, 2012

Filled Under:

Having a best friend is good for your health



 Medical research has shown that having friends can actually help to cope during stressful situations. Not only do such connections or relationship affords the opportunity to share and vent out one’s feelings, friends are good listeners and might be able to also offer advice that is actually practical.

One   study of this also  indicated that being in the presence of one’s best friend can reduce stress levels. Researchers found that the presence of a best friend, more than anyone else, buffered the physical effects of a negative experience, also the chances for depression is greatly reduced. You'll be happy to know that even having a large network of friends can extend a persons life expectancy.

Interesting study.



Source:  http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/your-health/33470-why-having-a-best-friend-is-good-for-you






Share on Tumblr
 

1 comments:

  1. All my best friends make fun of me and I laugh with them and they think it doesn't hurt me coz I laugh so much but they don't know that I cry when I'm alone.

    ReplyDelete